Help with new babies please

loupan

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 24, 2011
newzealand
I just want some advise on the 2 new babies i got yesterday everyone seems to be geting along fine but the wee frizzle and aracanna i think are so skitish nothing like my other chooks ,granted i have had the others from a day old and these are 7 weeks old ,do i just give them time and keep going into coop and sitting with them or should i bring them inside and start handling them all the time im worried they are not going to fit in with the other chics becouse they are so nervous and i mean real nervous ,its only day two of there new home is this just normal please settle my nerves and any advise is greatly received .

Hi i have bought in chicks before - i am now breeding my own. But it took them around 2 weeks to stop running away from me and the other chicks. Also i have aracannas as well and no matter what i do (even hatching them from eggs) They still hate to be handled. With my other girls i can walk in and pick up to check them over and my aracannas i have to wait till it is dark out.

Good luck :)

If they are 7 weeks, yeah, I'd spend more time with them and give them treats. Boiled egg, mealworms... what ever it takes.

Food will win them over.

Thats exactly how it is i have just been out to say goodnight and i picked both the new ones up no bother how starnge is that the aracanna is defo more jumpy and i think it makes the other chicks think what the hell is going on lol, my other chicks i go in and they are staright away wanting to jump on me do you think i should just keep going as i am i realy dont want to have to take them out now and stress them even more

Back
Top Bottom