Help with prolapses?

It is the vent. Perhaps a bit irritated from being soaked and washed, but it's a normal vent.

If they are pooping and the vents are not pasting over anymore, you can stop giving them a soak and applying ointments/oils.
Yes I... it has occurred to me that I have never actually seen a chicks butt before, unfluffy at least...

Why does it stick out like that though? That seems a bit inconvient to just have it hanging out like that

I checked a different chick and theirs is also out so... I do feel stupid for freaking out so much for the last few days over it

Here are some pictures of chicks from the internet with prolapsed vents. A normal vent kind of looks like when a person has their top lip over their bottom lip, it is supposed to stick out a little and it stands out more when the chick has a wet bum.

I can't tell much with your pictures unfortunately, but pasty butt is definitely one od the causes of a prolapsed vent. The chicks try to push their droppings out when their vent is pasted shut and in doing so they push more out than they bargained for.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419-224850_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419-224850_Google.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240419-224908_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419-224908_Google.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 0
Yes I... it has occurred to me that I have never actually seen a chicks butt before, unfluffy at least...

Why does it stick out like that though? That seems a bit inconvient to just have it hanging out like that

I checked a different chick and theirs is also out so... I do feel stupid for freaking out so much for the last few days over it
It's just the way they are made.

Back
Top Bottom