Help with sick/injured? rooster - Updated: He didn't make it...

Well, just to update everyone that tried to help us...

He passed away today at around 4:00 pm (in my arms). I still don't know what really happened - I never found anything obvious. He was such a cool and beautiful bird... I'm very upset by this. I know it's "just a chicken" but I did everything I could think of to try to make him better.

I know a lot of people aren't attached to their roos, but I am attached to my 2 roos more than my hens - I know I sound like a total sap - but I love all my critters and don't want to see any of them suffer (2 dogs, 2 cats, and now 11 chickens). He was very peaceful until the very end.

I appreciate everyone that tried to offer advice and guidance. If this forum didn't exist I wouldn't have even gotten into chickens...

You have an amazing community going here. I thank everyone that offered advice and everyone that has posted their own issues in the past (even unrelated to this issue). I spent many hours reading everyone else's experiences and had a feeling this wouldn't turn out well.

Reading other people dealing with similar issues and similar feelings about their birds will help me get through this.

Again, thank you all.

Brad

Here's one of his better pictures:
IMG_1943.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry he didn't make it. That said, he was still fortunate to have been given the chance.

Take care.

I am so very sorry, and sad about this. I adore beyond measure my sweet roo and can totally understand your sorrow. My heart goes out to him - he obviously went through something really bad - and to you.
hugs.gif
(and p.s. You are not a sap!)
JJ

I am so sorry for you loss. I LOVE my roos and I mourn for days when one of them happens to cross the rainbow bridge.

Even the little bitty guys have a spot in my heart. Sometimes one never know why a chicken gets sick and passes, it is just part of owning a flock of birds.

So sorry to hear about your huge loss. Trust that you did all that you could do, and that all of us are all learning all of the time. We do the best we can with what we know.
hugs.gif

Your roo was a handsome fellow, and his flock looks sooo healthy, all gorgeous birds. They look very well cared for.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom