Help with turkey feet

Kwbwbra2023

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2023
I just acquired this guy from an old man who was sick an could no longer care for him. I don't know anything else about him. I don't know much about turkey and somethings going on with his feet. What can I do to help him?

Attachments

• 20230709_165857.jpg
    20230709_165857.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 20230709_165904.jpg
    20230709_165904.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
I just acquired this guy from an old man who was sick an could no longer care for him. I don't know anything else about him. I don't know much about turkey and somethings going on with his feet. What can I do to help him?
Try Epsom salt foot baths.

Get him on a good all flock feed and out on that grass in the background.

Clarify what your concern is .... Is it the crooked toes? curled toes in turkeys
It's usually a vitamin deficiency (Riboflavin/Vitamin B2) riboflavin
It seems to be ok walking and getting around, when it's first noticed in chicks I start a supplement of Vitamin B complex and tape the toes straight. You could try the vitamin supplement although being older, unsure it would make it better, wouldn't hurt. Just make sure you feed them a nutritional diet required for turkeys.

Clarify what your concern is .... Is it the crooked toes? curled toes in turkeys
It's usually a vitamin deficiency (Riboflavin/Vitamin B2) riboflavin
It seems to be ok walking and getting around, when it's first noticed in chicks I start a supplement of Vitamin B complex and tape the toes straight. You could try the vitamin supplement although being older, unsure it would make it better, wouldn't hurt. Just make sure you feed them a nutritional diet required for turkeys.
Yes mainly the curling toes. He gets around fine. At his age I don't think I will tape them. I will definitely have him on a good feed. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom