HELP WITH TURKEY!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by [email protected]@2four, Jul 31, 2008.

1. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Hello! Well, I have several turkeys(about 3-4 months old) and one of my bronze broad breasted seems to have "wryneck." Not sure if this is possible in turkeys but that's the only way I can describe the symptoms--heads twisted upside down like wryneck. Anybody familiar with this or is there anything I can do to help it??? HELP PLEASE!!!! Thanks a bunch!

2. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Well if it is wryneck than give it lots of electrolytes. If they don't recover soon then you will have to mix the electrolytes with a mashed up food. I think you are supposed to give them electrolytes because thats what everyone told me to do when my chicken had wryneck.

3. M@M@2four

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    It's okay--we put him down. He looked like he was in total misery and couldn't eat or drink--and when I tried to feed him, he kept choking--so, we put him down. Thanks anyhow.

4. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Will he still make it to your table?

5. M@M@2four

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:LOL...he actually made it to my neighbor's table. [​IMG] I was SO busy that day that I had no time to even mess with it, so I gave him to my neighbor..they had an early Thansgiving dinner! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by