HELP with wood stove installation..

We did the exact same thing- and with the recommended 2 ft "safe zone" we lost 1/2 of our living room
tongue.png
. I had a brand new LCD tv on the wall about 4 feet away from the black pipe. The side of the TV did get hot- but it never did any damage, and it was our only heat source for the past 2 years.

on the back of your woodstove there should be a sticker that says the min. distances from the walls or anything else! If it came with a installation book it should have the recommended distances in it.
we installed our woodstove to and just had the installation guy come out and do the inspection on it for insurance and that saved a huge amount of money over 1000$ so yay us. I would keep everything away at least 2 -3 feet.

Quote:
Fabric Depot is having a sale. You can order on line and call them and they could have it ready to pick up.
hide.gif

gig.gif
what a trouble maker!

I managed to get him to promise to go to a spirit halloween store, I need more make-up
gig.gif
and to pick up some cool costumes for the kids and I.
gig.gif

Quote:
Thanks Skeeter... We haven't opened the box yet, but the instructions are on line for the stove and thats what I've been following.
I'm using cememt board screwed to the wall and floor, and I'll go buy tiles this weekend, and lay those. I am thinking I might put some tiles even further out in front, just so clean up is easier and I don't have carpet right there... I'll see what tiles they have, I'm hoping for a slate kinda thing.

I would definitly tile out at least 3 feet in front of your woodstove. for a few reasons one is you need somewhere to put your wood when you are lighting it so yep clean up is definitely easier that way and when you open the woodstove door usually some ash comes with it and sometimes you get sparks coming out or popping and that way it wont be landing on carpet and burning holes in it.
HAVE FUN!! and enjoy the lovely heat!

We actually went to a stone dealer and bought a large piece of slate to sit our woodstove on. It looks really nice, cleans up easily, keeps the sparks off of the floor and actually helps with the warmth since the stone naturally absorbs the heat from the stove. We purchased our soapstone woodstove last year and absolutely love it. The savings on electric bills was tops by using the stove for almost all of our heating! Just remember that wood heats you three times - cutting it, hauling it and heating with it! Congratulations on your stove!

gig.gif
Nothing like putting up tile's in your PJ's!
wee.gif

tiling.jpg

My son helping out.

trentontile.jpg

I still need to do the grouting.... I'll do that today or tomorrow and then seal it all.

tiledone.jpg

Our woodstove in our living room is on an angle, too. It actually looks nice I think.
I try to keep everything at least 3 ft. away. Your tiling looks nice. I love it!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom