HELP!! Young chickens vanished without a trace!!

Betsy

Songster
12 Years
Mar 24, 2007
Northeast Indiana
Last night I counted my batch of three month old chicks..and three were missing!! I counted them twice this morning, and was still off three! It's driving me nuts because their pen can't be anymore secure-one side is my hen house, the other three are made out of chain link fencing and we've made a lean to of tin on one side to give them shelter. The bottom is mostly surround by wood and rocks, and I see no signs of digging. The top is covered with snow fence so hawks can't get in. I haven't seen signs of blood, feathers etc and it seems like if a rat, weasel, or snake got in I would see something like feathers or blood. Is it possible that it's a human predator??
Thanks for any help-this is really concerning me!!

No, they're not big enough to fit through the fence..and at night when the coons are out they're in their lean to where the coons can't reach through.

Is the top of the run secure with no small openings? I had a raccoon squeeze between the top netting and the gate once and kill 6 of my birds. Took me a couple days to find the spot where they were getting in. Hope you find them safe and just wondering about.

Back
Top Bottom