HELP!!

patriot37122

In the Brooder
Dec 11, 2015
So I bought I incubator from Amazon 48 egg auto turn. Issues being I have 4 chicks out 3 have died. Chick 1 seemed to have genetic issues and appeared to have had a seizure under the brooding lamp and then kicked the bucket. Chick 2 was a strong actually be vocal chick but was found chest up under the lamp. Chick 3 still in incubator and seems to want out. Chick 4 was a tough one and didn't want to part with half the shell. After 36 hours I removed the shell and it die then and there. All chicks are hatching 24 to 72 hours past 21 days. 1st check and 4th both were grasping for air very labored breathing. I have a couple more that have pipped but nothing vocal from them yet.

Welcome, glad you have joined us.

But so sorry about your losses and incubation problems. You should consider posting the current problems under the "incubating and hatching" forums and hopefully someone with experience can help.

Sorry to hear your troubles.

If you are hatching late that is likely leading to some of the problems. I would be getting 3 thermometers and placing them in different places to ensure the temp is correct.
Humidity can cause sticking if it's too low, especially around hatch.

I have a similar incubator and found the temp varied a lot until I placed it back into the foam packaging it came in (after adding the air holes that after in the plastic).

Also make sure you clean it really well before your next hatch as some bacteria could be causing there problems.

Hope your future hatches go better.

Forgot to ask. What temperature and humidity were you using for the first 18 days and also during lockdown?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear your troubles.

If you are hatching late that is likely leading to some of the problems. I would be getting 3 thermometers and placing them in different places to ensure the temp is correct.
Humidity can cause sticking if it's too low, especially around hatch.

I have a similar incubator and found the temp varied a lot until I placed it back into the foam packaging it came in (after adding the air holes that after in the plastic).

Also make sure you clean it really well before your next hatch as some bacteria could be causing there problems.

Hope your future hatches go better.

Forgot to ask. What temperature and humidity were you using for the first 18 days and also during lockdown?

X2. My first hatch with the plastic incubator was similar. Only three hatched and lost all the other eggs. Did not calibrate the temp or humidity before adding the eggs. Second hatch I put the incubator in the styrofoam container it came in, cut some holes for ventilation and added two thermometers/hygrometers, turns out the temp and humidity reading from the incubator were wrong, low temp and high humidity. The hatches after I used the added thermometer/hygrometers were good and had no problems after that.

Last edited:

welcome-byc.gif
(Wish it was under better circumstances)

I'm sorry to hear of the losses you've had.

Thanks for joining us

Back
Top Bottom