HELP!

tswood

Hatching
Aug 8, 2016
So we have a bit of an interesting situation and I need help!

In June we got 2 chicks, a Delaware and Maran, they are sweet as could be, my kids hold them and they all love each other.

This past Saturday we brought home an Americana. She was a kindergarten pet, but when her two coop mates turned out to be roosters and had to go to a new home (we are urban and not allowed roosters in our city) she was left alone. I couldnt let her be left alone so we decided last minute to take her in. She is Great with people and kids.

So, here's where I'm confused as to what I should do.. The chicks are still in a cage the garage, and since the coop is being delivered this week our new chicken, Stormy, is in a pen in the garage. She is near the other two so she can see them, but not get to each other.

When we first brought her home we put them together and of course she pecked them some and we had to Seperate them. So the other two are scared of her. I'm not sure where to go from here.. When the coop arrives should I put storm in there and then how and when do I integrate the other two? Or should I put the other two in there and some how integrate her?

Any advice or help
Would be great!

So we have a bit of an interesting situation and I need help!

In June we got 2 chicks, a Delaware and Maran, they are sweet as could be, my kids hold them and they all love each other.

This past Saturday we brought home an Americana. She was a kindergarten pet, but when her two coop mates turned out to be roosters and had to go to a new home (we are urban and not allowed roosters in our city) she was left alone. I couldnt let her be left alone so we decided last minute to take her in. She is Great with people and kids.

So, here's where I'm confused as to what I should do.. The chicks are still in a cage the garage, and since the coop is being delivered this week our new chicken, Stormy, is in a pen in the garage. She is near the other two so she can see them, but not get to each other.

When we first brought her home we put them together and of course she pecked them some and we had to Seperate them. So the other two are scared of her. I'm not sure where to go from here.. When the coop arrives should I put storm in there and then how and when do I integrate the other two? Or should I put the other two in there and some how integrate her?

Any advice or help
Would be great!
I would put the 3 birds together and let them work it out unless there is bloodshed. I would also make plans to get rid of the 2 cockrels, and get a couple of pullet friends for Stormy.

We don't have the roosters. They were with her at her old home, but went to a farm. They didn't have space for her which is why we took her in. I don't really want to get more birds right now. Getting her wasn't in the plans, but we didn't want her to be alone at her old home.

Back
Top Bottom