Help!!

Well, here's the outcome--I bought meal worms and put some in a red plastic bowl. I shook the bowl continuously and threw out a few worms. After a few false starts and a couple of escapees I finally got them all in. It took about 1/2 an hour and that's not too bad for the first attempt. My Muscovys that I bought the other day were the easiest to get in. They are just the sweetest ducks. The Anconas weren't too bad, either. The Khaki Campbell and the Cayuga tends to be the brats. Lol

Catfood or dogfood!! Try to get them in before it gets dark! They will get use to it after a few nights! Don't feel bad though, my crew decided to stay at the pond for 5 days while I was out of town. They don't like my husband so they wouldn't come home...much less go into their house! & they are use to going up e every evening. Needless to say I worried the whole time I was gone & they are grounded now! No free ranging for awhile! Lol-- better luck tomorrow! Try some catfood, they love it!

Catfood or dogfood!! Try to get them in before it gets dark! They will get use to it after a few nights! Don't feel bad though, my crew decided to stay at the pond for 5 days while I was out of town. They don't like my husband so they wouldn't come home...much less go into their house! & they are use to going up e every evening. Needless to say I worried the whole time I was gone & they are grounded now! No free ranging for awhile! Lol-- better luck tomorrow! Try some catfood, they love it!

We have two small dogs so I'll try some of their dry food, too. Thanks!

Last edited:
Update: It seems that the key to getting our birds in their cage every night was very simple. They love to be on a schedule! We started going outside between 4-4:30 each night before it got dark and guided then into the pen. After about 3 times they caught right on and now it takes like 2 minutes to get them in and closed up for the night. They march like good little soldiers right through the door!

Back
Top Bottom