Help

Alex208

Chirping
Jul 11, 2017
So I am only incubating on egg and it is about to hatch will it die if it doesn't have another friend

So I am only incubating on egg and it is about to hatch will it die if it doesn't have another friend

It depends. While chickens do better with other chickens, if you have the right amount of heat (but not to where you are frying your chick) the wellbeing of the chick would go down, but if you make sure it has a good source of heat at all times, the little fellow will at least not freeze to death. I do highly suggest getting another chick that will hatch/hatches around said chicks time, because health could decline from loneliness, and it can help with the chick's social development. So, will your chick die instantly? No, but you need another one as fast as you can get one. For the time being, monitor the chick closely and make sure its doing all right. Get a buddy for it as soon as you can!

No it won't die, but you might want to get a clean sock, and stuff it with paper towels, plastic bags, newspaper, then tie it off. That gives it something to cuddle. Birds are flocking animals, and tend to do better when there's more than 1.

No it won't die, but you might want to get a clean sock, and stuff it with paper towels, plastic bags, newspaper, then tie it off. That gives it something to cuddle. Birds are flocking animals, and tend to do better when there's more than 1.

I agree. Maybe a stuffed animal, also, and a mirror. I still highly suggest getting another chick its age, however.

Back
Top Bottom