Help!

TheDuckGuy

Songster
Nov 29, 2020
I had 2 Pekins and 2 Mallards. Male and Female on both sides. Male Mallard last at 6 weeks and Female Pekin past last Tuesday. Will my Female Mallard and Male Pekin still mate and produce eggs?

Well, that is a very large drake for your hen. But ducks are social animals and need other ducks to interact with. Has he ever tried to mate with her? How old are they? You don't need a drake for your ducks to lay only if you want ducklings. If you like the eggs get a few more female ducks and figure out something for the boy, maybe find him a new home or get him a drake pal, or eat him if you can bring yourself to do that.

Well, that is a very large drake for your hen. But ducks are social animals and need other ducks to interact with. Has he ever tried to mate with her? How old are they? You don't need a drake for your ducks to lay only if you want ducklings. If you like the eggs get a few more female ducks and figure out something for the boy, maybe find him a new home or get him a drake pal, or eat him if you can bring yourself to do that.
please don’t kill your drake

I agree he's rather large, but I don't think he would kill her. Other birds are able to support males that much larger, don't see why ducks would be any different.

If you can't seperate, best chances though for peace of mind may be to cull or rehome

Back
Top Bottom