Help!

Bstanek1

Chirping
Apr 20, 2021
I have an older hen that is constantly being picked on and attacked by my other birds. She has been close to death a couple times now we are doing our best to keep her separated from the flock which is unfair and inhumane. She has been locked up in a small spot where the other birds can see her in hopes that they will get along but it is not working. What is the best way to handle this situation? I'm worried if we give her away to another home the same thing will happen.

Attachments

• Resized_20210929_204412.jpeg
    Resized_20210929_204412.jpeg
    795.1 KB · Views: 8
We are limited on space and with winter coming I would rather her be in our big coop where there is heat.
Can you find out the main bully chickens? Getting rid of those may help. I had a similar incident mainly headed by on of my barred rocks.

Chicken behavior can be so ugly and I hate strife in the flock. If you know who the bully is, try pin-less peepers on them or on several of them. Or you might have to cull some of your birds.

Adding hideouts and multiple feed stations may help. A lot depends on your space and the number of birds. What are your measurements and numbers?

Mrs K

Chicken behavior can be so ugly and I hate strife in the flock. If you know who the bully is, try pin-less peepers on them or on several of them. Or you might have to cull some of your birds.

Adding hideouts and multiple feed stations may help. A lot depends on your space and the number of birds. What are your measurements and numbers?

Mrs K

Mrs K
Thankyou for the advice, our coop is 10×12, we have 19 chickens total 4 of them are roosters. we always have 3 separate food bowls out plus they free range daily

Back
Top Bottom