HELP!

KYchickengirl326

In the Brooder
May 28, 2022
So I had 2 broody silkies that were sitting on 7 eggs between the two of them. 6/7 have hatched between yesterday morning and this morning. The 7th egg must have been a day or so behind. Both hens left the nest and the lonely 7th egg was just sitting there by itself. I decided to try and save it but it was cold when I picked it up so I didn’t have much hope. I’ve been carrying it around in my bra for the past few hours and it’s started chirping. Idk what to do with it now, I can’t sleep with it and it hasn’t pipped yet and I can’t get to my incubator. I know it’s a long shot but I want to give it the best chance possible

So I had 2 broody silkies that were sitting on 7 eggs between the two of them. 6/7 have hatched between yesterday morning and this morning. The 7th egg must have been a day or so behind. Both hens left the nest and the lonely 7th egg was just sitting there by itself. I decided to try and save it but it was cold when I picked it up so I didn’t have much hope. I’ve been carrying it around in my bra for the past few hours and it’s started chirping. Idk what to do with it now, I can’t sleep with it and it hasn’t pipped yet and I can’t get to my incubator. I know it’s a long shot but I want to give it the best chance possible
The girls will still have their chicks sleep under them, so once they go to sleep try to sneak the egg after, if it's already peeping I don't think they'd be suspicous

Back
Top Bottom