Help!

thankyou for the welcome, im so worried about him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 2
what shall i do? i been giving him water and mushed up food in a syringe, but he barely opens his mouth, i dont get it he was the last one of 4, he had been growing for the most days

his breathing is very slow and crackling, ive tried feeding him and giving him water but he is having none of it
It's a little odd that his breathing is crackling, can you explain what you mean by that?
He won't be very interested in food or water until that yolk is fully digested and he's found his feet, he just hatched yesterday right?
Is he still in the incubator, or in the brooder? If incubator, ensure the vents are open so there's plenty of air in there. If brooder, what is the temp in there?

what shall i do? i been giving him water and mushed up food in a syringe, but he barely opens his mouth, i dont get it he was the last one of 4, he had been growing for the most days
I would withdraw on the syringe feeding, he doesn't need food at this stage, if he only hatched yesterday

It's a little odd that his breathing is crackling, can you explain what you mean by that?
He won't be very interested in food or water until that yolk is fully digested and he's found his feet, he just hatched yesterday right?
Is he still in the incubator, or in the brooder? If incubator, ensure the vents are open so there's plenty of air in there. If brooder, what is the temp in there?
like when he breathes in and out it sounds like paper rustling, i did read somewhere it may be water on lungs i dunno? yeah when i woke up yesterday morning around 8am he was completely out of his egg, hes in the brooder, temp is about 27/28 at the moment

like when he breathes in and out it sounds like paper rustling, i did read somewhere it may be water on lungs i dunno? yeah when i woke up yesterday morning around 8am he was completely out of his egg, hes in the brooder, temp is about 27/28 at the moment
It does sound like it could be respiratory, perhaps he inhaled some liquid in the egg, or breathed in the high humidity for too long, it's hard to say. It could be something else
Can you record the sound, as best you can, and share with us? You'd need to upload the video to YouTube or tiktok or something similar, and then link it here
give water or no?
There's no harm in having food and water available in the brooder, just don't panic if he shows little interest- what is the temp in the brooder? You don't want him to overheat if there's a lamp in there. He may not be able to move away from the heat, and if there's no thermometer to check temp it may be too warm. If the incubator is empty now, I'd personally put him back in there with the vents open, on something soft. Like paper towels or shelf liner
Sometimes they need a little extra time

Back
Top Bottom