Help!

Katiebeth007

Hatching
Aug 13, 2023
Edit:I’m not sure how this ended up in hatching. Sorry!

I have a hen she’s about 5 months old. Last week she start limping on her right leg. She was extending it out almost like something was stuck on her foot. Then she starting acting something something neurological was going on. She looking intoxicated. She’s continued eating and drinking as normal. I have separated her from the flock from the start because they started attacking her. My roo started mounting last week and she seemed to be his favorite so she couldn’t catch a break. I have started giving her rooster booster and electrolytes. Now, she’s not really extending either legs, she’s “walking” with them bent and her poop is starting to separate. You can tell the pee from the poop, the poop almost looks like pencil let when I wipe it up. Is it her time? She seems like her brain is working but her legs are not.

Can you separate the rooster from the flock? Do you have picture of the way she looks and the poop? Videos uploaded to YouTube or similar site with a link posted here may be helpful. Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? Electrolytes should not be used for more than a couple of days since they may cause diarrhea. Human B complex or super B can be good to give 1/2 tablet daily crushed or dissolved in food or a spoonful of water, if there is a riboflavin deficiency or leg issues. Human Vitamin E 400 IU is helpful sometimes with neurological issues. Is she curling her toes? What are you feeding her?

Back
Top Bottom