Help

With him rubbing it, it's bothering him so hopefully you can get it flushed and the ointment will help soothe it.
He may have been pecked or poked in the eye or sometimes they get debris in the eye which causes irritation and even infection.

Keep us posted on how he's doing.
I rinsed it and put neosporin and then I came home today to find this…. Do you think this is a scab that is coming off? I tried to gently remove it with a qtip but it wouldn’t come off. Then I tried to remove with my finger but it was stuck on it & I didn’t want to yank it and potentially hurt him.

Attachments

• 6EC49C70-5B42-44A0-8A52-2971FA699E5E.jpeg
    6EC49C70-5B42-44A0-8A52-2971FA699E5E.jpeg
    411.8 KB · Views: 4
I rinsed it and put neosporin and then I came home today to find this…. Do you think this is a scab that is coming off? I tried to gently remove it with a qtip but it wouldn’t come off. Then I tried to remove with my finger but it was stuck on it & I didn’t want to yank it and potentially hurt him.
Could that be what was causing the infection?

Open the eye, rinse it with saline and see what is in the eye.
The Neosporin goes in the eye once you rinse it and remove debris and/or pus.

Back
Top Bottom