Help!!!

tia

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
I gave two of my female runner ducks to someone with Khaki Campbels. They needed more females and I needed a drake, so I ordered one and gave the two away. A day later I figured out that I gave them my favorite black female, so I asked if I could get it back and give them another one. When they brought it back its feathers were all gone on the back of its neck. It made me so sad. Is that normal when you introduce new ducks??? I hate to give them the other one if it is going to get beat up by their ducks - I'm not much of a farm girl, so am I being too protective. My ducks don't pick on each other. It made me want to cry.

Its probably from overmating. I just had the same problem with one of my geese. The gander is over excited about mating with her and her pulled almost all her neck feathers out and even scraped the skin up. I had to remove her for a few days to let her heal. Sounds like she doesn't have a good male/female ratio. This happens alot when that happens.

Laurie

Exactly! Drakes can be terrible when mating and if the ratio is off, the drakes will keep mating over and over again with the same duck and that's what causes those injuries. He needs more females, definitely.

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom