Help....

watsonlane

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 9, 2010
We just got our chickes Thursday night....got them in the coop Friday night and have been waiting for some kind of action ever since. They seem happy but I haven't gotten the frist egg. We have one that is the "master hen" that apparently picked the feathers off the butts of the other three, with that being said I can see the egg "in the sack" (if that's the right term) on those three. How long do they stay there before they lay them?

We have a 2.5 gallon bucket used for a feeder...I go to the coop this morning and the lid is no where to be found! Boyfriend remembers putting it back on the bucket....will these ladies eat the plastic? Then, the places they are using as perches have naturally gotten poop on them, that's gone too?!?!!? I dont know where the poop or the plastic is going?!?!!?? any clues?

I am thinking that if you are missing the lid, something else is eating your chicken food, as in a coon. They will also eat your chickens. They may have knocked the poop off climbing up after your chickens.

You will have to keep the food locked up tight, as it will draw rats, mice and other critters. It may be a while before they settle down and start to lay.

MrsK

I don't know if they'll eat plastic but they'll eat styrofoam for sure!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom