Help!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 7L Farm, Sep 11, 2010.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I have the white & red water-er it holds 5 gallons. About dark yesterday I decided to clean out the water-er. So I cleaned it out & hung it back up. Went out at 630am to disconnect hot wire. First questions DO y'all leave the wire on are what. I have automatic door that opens in the am but now I wake up early to disconnect hot wire is this necessary ? Second question About 8 this am I look out the window & the chicks are still on the roost. So I go over there thinking somethings wrong. I open up the door & the bowl at the bottom of the water-er has come off & all the water drained out. Has anyone had this problem? I found it strange that the chickens wouldn't come off the roost because of the water er coming apart. Once , I fixed it they all came off the roost.

2. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Maybe they got a fright when it fell and was too dark to see the cause of their fright. When you came you made everything safe again. Can't answer your question about the wire though. Thought I would give you a bump up

3. Netherworldtaken

Netherworldtaken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    we had a similar problem with the plastic feeder this morning, very close in design to the plastic waterer. It cost us one of our birds. going to go buy different feeders today.

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Well can't get an answer do you leave the hot wire on are what.

5. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Maybe you need to ask in coop design or managing your flock

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by