Help!!!

Mt. Baker Quail

Songster
12 Years
Dec 2, 2010
Ferndale, Washington
I have 28 coturnix eggs in my incubator and it is day 19 and none have hatched. What do I do now? One of the eggs is moving now and then. The temperature is 100, and humidity is 65%. For the first week, the humidity was low 35%, but after that it was 45%.

Have any pipped? If not you could try float testing them to see if they are alive or not. If they are dry them off and put them back in the bator and see what happens. There is an excellent thread on the float testing.

DEEP SLOW BREATHS AND LET 'EM RIDE....
thumbsup.gif

I agree with JJ, don't do anything now. You don't want to do a float test until they are very late, more than just 1 day. I've had some take 21 days to hatch..just because you say your temp was at 100 and your humidity is at 65% doesn't mean that's what it really is. It depends on how accurate your thermo/hygrometer is. Also, if you use a still-air incubator 100 is kind of low for the temp, which would make them take longer to hatch. So give them a few more days before you start freaking out.
smile.png

Quote:
Good point Shelleyd2008, I never even thought about maybe the incubator being still air! I have to remember that next time before I offer that advice again, just because I have a forced air doesn't mean everyone else does too.

Quote:
MAY BE A GOOD NIGHT TO JUST DRINK A BEER OR 2 AND GO TO BED.... IT WILL HAPPEN WHEN ITS TIME AND NO AMOUNT OF WORRYING WILL CHANGE IT. HAVING SAID THAT I REALIZE NOT MANY OF US HAVE AN "OFF" SWITCH FOR WORRYING, IF HOWEVER YOU ARE 1 OF THE LUCKY FEW WHO DOES... NOW WOULD BE THE TIME TO USE IT
smile.png

COTURNIX WILL HATCH WHEN THEY ARE READY AND WILL LAY WHEN THEY ARE READY, NO WORRYING EVER CHANGES IT... UNFORTUNATELY.

SHELLEY IS CORRECT I WOULDNT DO ANYTHING UNTIL THE END OF DAY 21 OR EARLY DAY 22.

Back
Top Bottom