Help !!

hollybell

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 18, 2011
I have 12 little chick hatched today ..they are still in the incubater but they are getting a bit crowded and the eggs that are not yet hatched are getting bashed around alot .. when can I take them out and put them into the brooder ?

They can be in there awhile , if you have any pipping or zipping it could cause them to shrink wrap if you open the bator. If your really worried I guess you could try it quickly . Good luck

I personally take my chicks out of the incubator as soon as they start bashing the other eggs around to much. I do it quickly and have never had a problem with the other eggs hatching whether they were pipped or partially zipped. The humidity usually jumps back up quickly once the chicks are removed.
The most important thing is to do it quickly

I do the same thing.....little window in the top of the incubator pops out....pop and grab. Never have had a problem either. Was relaxed and let them stay in longer once there was not such a crowd. Had the brooder ready and put them right in under the light. Just brought two chicks in from the nest a broody was setting on. They hatched and I think she freaked out and left the nest. Nest is 4 ft off the ground and did not want to risk them falling out. Moved all but six of her eggs in to the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom