Help!!!

felicity5

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 14, 2012
My duck has been sick since Friday. He wasn't eating , stumbling falling and shaking. I took him to the vet and they kept him all weekend. They said he still isn't eating and te medicine doesn't seem to be working . I've taken him home he still hasn't eaten and barley hold himself up! Please anyone help

My duck has been sick since Friday. He wasn't eating , stumbling falling and shaking. I took him to the vet and they kept him all weekend. They said he still isn't eating and te medicine doesn't seem to be working . I've taken him home he still hasn't eaten and barley hold himself up! Please anyone help
felicity5 can you give us more info, like how old is your duck? where is he kept what do you feed and could he have eaten something toxic? also do you have him on niacin supplements?

In the meantime, put activated charcoal - a supplement, not briquettes - in his water, a tablespoon per quart of water to absorb toxins, if that's a possibility.

Lots of fresh water.

What was the medicine that did not work?

Last edited:
He's about 8 months old and I keep them in the garage at night that is blocked off from him eating anything and has bedding and all of that
He ate some mealworms before but had a hard time chewing and swallowing

He's about 8 months old and I keep them in the garage at night that is blocked off from him eating anything and has bedding and all of that
He ate some mealworms before but had a hard time chewing and swallowing
Have you noticed him opening his mouth a lot like he is yawning? and did the vet check to see if he had anything stuck in his throat?

Yes she checked and nothing there. And no he hasn't, he's drinking a lot of water though and having these like neck spasms where his neck like shakes And his head goes down into his chest

Yes she checked and nothing there. And no he hasn't, he's drinking a lot of water though and having these like neck spasms where his neck like shakes And his head goes down into his chest

Back
Top Bottom