HELP!

AshleyVance

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 19, 2014
I decided to get chickens. It's been years since I had them as a teenager (back when I could care less what sex they were). I let my children pick them out of a straight run. They are backyard mixes and two silkies. I am concerned that they have chosen all boys! I would love some help! Further, if they are all boys or the majority of them are, what are the chances they can live in harmony? I honestly don't care if they never lay an egg, they are pets. Just don't want them beating each other to death or the like. Any input would be fantastic. Thanks in advance:

This is Lemon

This is Hotdog (the shy one in the group)
this one and one more have little tufts of feathers off their cheeks (hard to see in the pics)

This is hotdog and the white splash (dirty bird) This guys name is cream but I think he/she needs to be dirty bird because this chicken is always filthy!!!

This is Chip. Has the largest comb

This is the other silkie with Chip

This is the last and largest of the chicks, Butterscotch:

I know the mini is a boy :) much easier to sex lol

Better pictures (without the wire fencing in the way) would help, but it does look like you have all cockerels. If there are no hens around, they may be able to live together peacefully, especially if they are raised together. Many people keep "bachelor pads" of all cockerels, and the cockerels don't fight much without hens.

Better pictures (without the wire fencing in the way) would help, but it does look like you have all cockerels. If there are no hens around, they may be able to live together peacefully, especially if they are raised together. Many people keep "bachelor pads" of all cockerels, and the cockerels don't fight much without hens.
x2 But need better photos to tell for sure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom