HELP!

farming101

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
I got 6 chicks almost 2 weeks ago and one of them is never seems to interact with the others. he just sits under the light. and he has really bad pasty but and I have given him a bath two times!
SOME ONE PLEASE HELP! PLEASE!

Thank you,
Allie

THIS IS MY SICK CHICK

Sometimes they are like this for a couple of days or longer and then pull through. Sometimes they just pass away for no apparent reason. The most important thing is to clean the poo off of his bottom regularly. If he can't poo he will die. Add some vitamin's to their drinking water to help perk him up. Yogurt is good for their digestion. I find putting it in by its self a giant mess. So I mix in a little chick crumble so it isn't such a wet mess. Keep them out of drafts and if the other birds pick on him separate him from the flock.

Sorry no one gave advice sooner! You need to keep this chick clean all the time. Make sure it doesnt get wet, and also that it is actually drinking at the very least, preferably the water should have electrolyte. If the temp is in the 95 range or lower, you may have to increase it. Also egg yolk sprinkled around for it to eat, but dont leave it for more than 2 hours or it will sour. Good luck!

He died a few days ago. Woke up one morning and he wasnt moving. and barely breathing. but I have another one that seems sick! She wont walk. but when i pick her up she trys to fly. I can hear her chirp. she is a Bantam and about 1 1/2 old. PLEASE HELP! dont want to lose another one!

Just do what I suggested for the first one and keep her separated from the rest in case it is contagious. Im really sorry this is happening to you. Let us know of any other symptoms.

when this happened to me it was because he was constipated so i would soak his butt in warm water to wash the poop off then i had to force feed him yogurt and oil. he was so stuck his butt was swollen and i had to squeeze the...um...stuff out of him. so i would say try giving yogurt and vegetable oil.

After cleaning up the butt I put vaseline or oil around the vent so it stays clean. Even use a qtip with ky gel just inside the vent to help from being plugged up.

Back
Top Bottom