1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

HELP!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Luna and Comb, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Luna and Comb

Luna and Comb Hatching

Jul 26, 2014
    Ok so I'm very new to this website... But I made an account because I needed answers. My 4 year old Rhode Island Red hen Brownie is egg bound I'm afraid. I don't think the egg is broken, but I can feel the shape of the egg. I've givin her antibiotics for infection and Tums because they have calcium in them and I read that's good for hens trying to pass and egg. And I also tried just reaching up I'm side her to see if I can work the egg out. I can feel the shape of the egg but not the actual egg. So I don't think I could brake it. Well I could but then I couldn't get it out because I wouldn't be able to get it out... Please help me I've lost a couple birds to egg binding and my flock seems to be getting less and less... It's really sad please help me out thanks

2. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Free Ranging Premium Member 8 Years

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    [​IMG]

Sorry this is what brought you to the forum. You might get a better response in the Emergencies Section if you repost there. I can be of no help, because this is not something I have ever experienced.

3. Luna and Comb

Luna and Comb Hatching

Jul 26, 2014
    thanks so much! I'm really new to this and I didn't think anybody would even see this. But how does this work? Anybody can see what I ask right?

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member 5 Years

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: