Help!!!!!

Oh no! Do you have a cat carrier ? Maybe find something to lock that Mama in with her eggs??? Geesh, I'm no expert, maybe she will come back to them.
Maybe someone else can offer some advice. I'm not experienced with the hatching stuff.
Miriam

No some of her chicks have hatched so she is happy with them.........she sat on them overnight, but is off them again today.........

My hen did the same thing, fortunately I have an incubator that I put them in to hatch. I read an article about using an electric skillet as an incubator in Backyard Poultry magazine.

Sara

An electric skillet...........yikes!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone might mistake them for breakfast.........LOL
Just joking, thanks for your idea.

Judy

If you can run to a walmart and get a cheep styrofoam cooler and then go into the lighting area and get a socket set for making a lamp you can cut a hole in the cooler at the top and insert the socket through the hole and then screw in a 40 watt bulb. also for a quick use cut a window in the top and seal with saran wrap so that you can keelp the moisure in. Put a bowl of hot water with some sponges in it in one corner to up the humitidy. also buy a thermometer and make sure that the temps are 99. If you have water condensing on the wrap there will be plenty of humidity. You can also use a dimmer that screws right into the socket and then the bulb into the dimmer. I have a larger cooler and had to use a 60 watt bulb with the dimmer. How many eggs did she have? Here is a pic looking through the window of my homemade bator. I used plexiglasss butplasticwrap will work for now. Jenn
019.jpg

That happened to me last year and I put two of them in my bra while I rigged up my hatcher. By the time I took them out they had pipped. I tried a crock pot first and it got way to hot on low. The Electric skillet has worked but you need to place a good layer of sand or bedding down even a folded hand towel. If they are peeping you can actually place them on a warm damp cloth and and put them in any type of plastic container. Place a drop light over them and a thermometer. Raise or Lower the light till you get 100 degrees. I used a clear plastic shoe box years ago when my ducks abandoned her eggs. We hatched out 8 in the shoe box.

Back
Top Bottom