HELP!!!

kdolly87

Songster
5 Years
Dec 22, 2014
Dalton Ga
My pullet jumped into a toilet and I've taken her out rinsed with warm water and blow dried. I think she had a heart attack.

She's got closed eyes. Still standing but not steady. Shivering some. Is there anything I can do!?? I'm dipping her beak in water.

Or she's in shock. Does anyone have any suggestions???? Please help. I'm giving some sugar water which I've been told be someone to give when they're acting sluggish from illness. I am going to be crushed if she does pass.

My pullet jumped into a toilet and I've taken her out rinsed with warm water and blow dried. I think she had a heart attack.

She's got closed eyes. Still standing but not steady. Shivering some. Is there anything I can do!?? I'm dipping her beak in water.
Do *not* make her drink, just wrap her up in some warm towels from the dryer and let her get warm slowly in a well heated room. Shivering is a good sign and should stop once her body temp is normal. Do not put her back outside until she is acting normally.

-Kathy

Do *not* make her drink, just wrap her up in some warm towels from the dryer and let her get warm slowly in a well heated room. Shivering is a good sign and should stop once her body temp is normal. Do not put her back outside until she is acting normally.

-Kathy

Ok I won't force it then. I've got the blow dryer going at a distance for some heat. She's peeping again now and looking around some.

Or she's in shock. Does anyone have any suggestions???? Please help. I'm giving some sugar water which I've been told be someone to give when they're acting sluggish from illness. I am going to be crushed if she does pass.
Hypothermic birds and mammals should never be force fed fluids or food, it can kill them.

-Kathy

She's acting normal again!!! I put her back in their area and turned on some heat in there just to help with the temp. Oh God I was so scared. But she's fine now. Thank God.

I have horses, so I've had quite a few "swimmers" in the water troughs. Have been able to save all that could eventually stand and shiver.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom