help?

Bawkadoodledoo

Songster
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
Central MA
so one of my Bonnie's eggs was chirping, it seemed to be having trouble pipping off the first piece, so i gently peeled it away and the membrane was ivory white, so i panicked and gently tore off a piece of the membrane, turns out the air went and toughened almost half the egg's membrane.. it needed help and it's out now.. is it going to be okay?

As long as it wasn't bleeding when the membrane tore it should be ok. I have a couple I've had to help out and they're keeping up with everyone else!

i've brought it inside with Bonnie and the other eggs... i hope it's ok, it's peeping up a storm and opened its eyes that's a good thing right?

Did the chick absorb the yolk sac ??? A chick can go 2ish days with no food or water, but at this point there is no reason not to give it food and water to get him/her started... some mama hens teach them right away others wait a few days, are you planning on putting the chick back with its mom ???

Is your mama hen in the house ??? Just cant figure out how you can hear the chick with its mom and be typing!!!! Your mama hen should have food and water with her at all times, that way she can teach them how to eat and drink... Chick food is fine for her also.

Back
Top Bottom