"Helpers" Anonymous-Chat Thread

Quote:
It's really cool outside it just got done raining and feels awesome outside with the wind blowing!
So sorry East!
hugs.gif
We have like 3 fans in the coop, 2 are blowing towards the roosts and the other is in the window. I heard if you hang frozen milk jugs of water around the coop it is spose to cool the air.

We've tried all that, duck. My freezer is full of frozen plastic jugs, 2 liter Coke bottles, Gatorade bottles,. Fans... It's just way too hot. I put frozen jugs in the ducks pools a few times a day, too. I'm just at a loss. No end in sight, either.

Quote:
It's really cool outside it just got done raining and feels awesome outside with the wind blowing!
So sorry East!
hugs.gif
We have like 3 fans in the coop, 2 are blowing towards the roosts and the other is in the window. I heard if you hang frozen milk jugs of water around the coop it is spose to cool the air.

We've tried all that, duck. My freezer is full of frozen plastic jugs, 2 liter Coke bottles, Gatorade bottles,. Fans... It's just way too hot. I put frozen jugs in the ducks pools a few times a day, too. I'm just at a loss. No end in sight, either.

Maybe a misting system in the coop? I've heard those work really well.

Quote:

I actually have one I got for my English Setter the summer she died. I wondered how that would work in the coop? I was afraid then I would have a mold problem???????
barnie.gif

Quote:

I actually have one I got for my English Setter the summer she died. I wondered how that would work in the coop? I was afraid then I would have a mold problem???????
barnie.gif

I would think if you have ply-wood for the walls you would be able to water stain it?

Quote:
hugs.gif

We've had old hens die in the heat before, no clue why.

Thanks, duck. It's hard to lose them. On a lighter note, though, Gumpy is now afraid of me-which is exactly what I want.

Quote:
hugs.gif

We've had old hens die in the heat before, no clue why.

Thanks, duck. It's hard to lose them. On a lighter note, though, Gumpy is now afraid of me-which is exactly what I want.

What did you do??
big_smile.png

Quote:

What did you do??
big_smile.png

The funny thing is, I was doing it for HIS good-I sprayed him with the water hose to cool him down. He was not amused. Poor, poor Gumpy.
smile.png

Quote:
What did you do??
big_smile.png

The funny thing is, I was doing it for HIS good-I sprayed him with the water hose to cool him down. He was not amused. Poor, poor Gumpy.
smile.png

gig.gif

I don't think he's the brightest crayon in the box.

Back
Top Bottom