Helping pipped egg

TK acre

Hatching
May 25, 2022
This is our first time hatching anything and we've got peafowl eggs. They were due to hatch yesterday. 1 hatched Monday, 1 hatched yesterday and 2 others pipped yesterday morning. The one hatched over night but the other pip still looks the same 36 hours later. I know the first one bumped the other eggs around a good bit before we took him from the incubator. At what point do you touch the egg to see if there's anything to do to save? We were quick removing the others after they were in there 24 hours and the humidity has stayed 65-70% through lockdown and hatch.
KIMG1394.JPG

This is our first time hatching anything and we've got peafowl eggs. They were due to hatch yesterday. 1 hatched Monday, 1 hatched yesterday and 2 others pipped yesterday morning. The one hatched over night but the other pip still looks the same 36 hours later. I know the first one bumped the other eggs around a good bit before we took him from the incubator. At what point do you touch the egg to see if there's anything to do to save? We were quick removing the others after they were in there 24 hours and the humidity has stayed 65-70% through lockdown and hatch.View attachment 3123942
Hello there!! Has there been any progress on the eggs?

We started out with 5. 3 have hatched, 1 hasn't done anything, and the 5th is the pipped one in question.
Ok, when we’re they due to hatch? If it’s long past hatch date, I’d go ahead and assist. You can start by putting a small hole in the egg, if you see blood then stop

We haven't heard any of them cheeping before they hatched.
I'd investigate. Quickly take the egg out of the incubator to candle. Do you still see movement? Peel away a little of the shell were the pip is. What color is it? Does it look moist and white-pale yellow or dry-yellow-brown?

Back
Top Bottom