Helppppp lol Where Do I Go From Hereeeeee

Nonicolee

Hatching
Dec 11, 2019
Hey guys !

so me & my husband decided to buy so chickens I the whim. We were both born & raised in the city with no farming experience. We stopped eating meat last year and soon decided we wanted to grow our own fruits & veggies, get our own eggs.

Fast forward, while offering our egg layers my husband was sold on purchasing Cornish Cross Hens. Now I’m trying to figure out where do we go to sell these Cornish Cross Hens once they’re ready to be processed ? We have 25 of them and the idea was if we knew where the meat was coming from and how they were being fed we would eat them but at this point we would just like to sell them. Any suggestions on WHERE TO GO FROM HERE ?!!

Lol

Hi, Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined. Modifying your profile to show your general location can help with a lot of questions, not just this one.

There are some good suggestions already. if you are in the USA you can try calling your county extension office, they should be able to help, either with a buyer or an auction. If you are not in the USA maybe contact your agricultural ministry, whatever it is called.

Talk to the people at your feed store. They may know someone who will buy or may let you post an advertisement on a bulletin board.

Are there lovestock auctions in your area?

I hope there is a lovestock auction near me. (sorry, the typo was so cute, I couldn't resist).

On a more serious note, I second the idea of talking to the people at your feed store. I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of interested buyers for humanely raised poultry.

Welcome to BYC! @Nonicolee
How old are the birds, in weeks?

Lots of good suggestions already, but......
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-12-13_9-25-17.png

Back
Top Bottom