Hemp bedding

We use for a number of years hemp bedding, not only for our chickens but also in the stables of our horses.
big_smile.png

Your sentence structure and the username seemed Swedish, although I should have guessed Netherlands due to the hemp usage. NL is a bit of a pioneer in the use of hemp as bedding, at least it seems that way looking at where most of the imported stuff sold here is manufactured.

Do you use pellets or shredded fibres? You could tell a bit more about your experiences with the stuff.

We use shredded fibres? It is very nice stuff ... the most important it takes a lot of moisture, the soil has an insulating effect and is almost dust free. All this is also very important for horses, but the difference here is I use Hempbed with Eucalyptus (smells good) and with the chickens the version without Eucalyptus

Sounds good to me, anything that is absorbent and the hens can scratch to help you compost it is great. Little FYI line your nest boxes with pine needle's, they work wonderful and their natural resin keep the bugs away and keeps nest boxes fresh. Pine shaving in bottom first

Back
Top Bottom