Hen’s feathers being ripped out by another hen

Hi, does anyone know how to stop a mean hen from ripping out all of another hen’s feathers? She has no more feathers on her neck and chest, and just a little bit of feathers on her wing and tail. Her name is Twix and she is a Frizzle Easter Egger. The one who is picking on her is a regular Easter egger who’s Twix’s sister. Her name is Maple. She has been ripping Twix’s feathers for several months now, ever since the lead hen died. She is not mean to the new lead hen, just to Twix. She’s even drawn blood. Winter is coming up, so Twix really needs her feathers back. We already tried to use some Peck no More lotion, but it didn’t worked. Has anyone ever dealt with this before?
You can remove the bully and put it on a leash around its leg down by the foot. Try using a small cord and put its' feed out by it. We had to do that to a chicken and it really worked for keeping it from getting attacked by other hens.

You can remove the bully and put it on a leash around its leg down by the foot. Try using a small cord and put its' feed out by it. We had to do that to a chicken and it really worked for keeping it from getting attacked by other hens.
Would a cage be better thought? I’d be nervous someone would get tangled in it

Would a cage be better thought? I’d be nervous someone would get tangled in it
We put the hen that was attacked out on a leash cord. Have had her out for a couple of months. We put her in a building at night. She seems to like it. She is outside the chicken run so she sees the other chickens during the day. She don't get tangled up either.

We put the hen that was attacked out on a leash cord. Have had her out for a couple of months. We put her in a building at night. She seems to like it. She is outside the chicken run so she sees the other chickens during the day. She don't get tangled up either.
Also, I noticed the other day that she now has a large black bump on her wing, comb, and neck. They seem to be multiplying. Does she have some type of illness or something?

Back
Top Bottom