Hen acting like she is gagging

OFWGKTA

Chirping
Dec 27, 2023
I went outside yesterday and found my hen making gestures like she was choking, I checked her throat and there was nothing lodged in there or anything. I didn't know what to do so I led her to the water and left her to see if there were any changes, today I went out there and she was still doing it, I don't know what to do! Here's a link to a YouTube video cuz I don't know where else to get the video on here :

This is just my opinion, but it looks like she’s adjusting her crop. My flock members do that sometimes too. Perhaps others will offer different opinions.

She might have a respiratory disease, is a vet visit an option? Is this the bird you were giving garlic to?

She might have a respiratory disease, is a vet visit an option? Is this the bird you were giving garlic to?
No, I tried to give garlic to two and they wouldnt eat it so I gave up. I don't think there are any farm vets around me but I'll check. She is also sneezing for some reason? Idk if that has to do with anything but just making sure

This is just my opinion, but it looks like she’s adjusting her crop. My flock members do that sometimes too. Perhaps others will offer different opinions.
She has been doing it nonstop for a day now, she only stops when she is sleeping so I don't know if that is the case

Back
Top Bottom