Hen acting strange, please help

kh1988

In the Brooder
Jan 3, 2017
Hi all, i have 6 red sex link, about 25 to 30 weeks old. Yesterday i let them out to free range in the evening and all was good. Then i got them back into the pen and one of them was just standing in one spot hardly moving, while the others were running around as usual. So this morning, i open the pop door as usual, and they all came running out, except for this one that wouldn't leave the roost. Very odd,they usually are all pushing and shooving to get out that door. I had to leave for work and the one girl was still on the roost. Get home from work this afternoon, and they all 6 were running up to the wire in the run to greet me as usual, no issues. Let them out to free range, all 6 of them were just fine. Then i get them back into the pen and this same girl starts acting strange again, just kinda standing there. Almost looks like she is trying to poop. I watched for a bit and she did poop, it was kinda watery. Then a few min later, another small poop, looked normal. What is going on with her? Never have seen any of them act like this before. Thank you.

Hi all, i have 6 red sex link, about 25 to 30 weeks old. Yesterday i let them out to free range in the evening and all was good. Then i got them back into the pen and one of them was just standing in one spot hardly moving, while the others were running around as usual. So this morning, i open the pop door as usual, and they all came running out, except for this one that wouldn't leave the roost. Very odd,they usually are all pushing and shooving to get out that door. I had to leave for work and the one girl was still on the roost. Get home from work this afternoon, and they all 6 were running up to the wire in the run to greet me as usual, no issues. Let them out to free range, all 6 of them were just fine. Then i get them back into the pen and this same girl starts acting strange again, just kinda standing there. Almost looks like she is trying to poop. I watched for a bit and she did poop, it was kinda watery. Then a few min later, another small poop, looked normal. What is going on with her? Never have seen any of them act like this before. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom