Hen acts like laying eggs but doesnt lay eggs.

Misbah Amin

Chirping
Aug 16, 2020
So my 6 months old bobby has been acting quite weird for the past two weeks. She finds places frantically and then sits in her box for half an hour or so and then get up like she has laid an egg and this has been going on daily for the past two weeks but she hasnt laid an egg. She eats fine, drinks fine and seems fine overall but the one thing that I noticed is that she doesnt like to go out in the sun as it is getting hot here in pakistan so she comes at around 11-12 in the noon and leave at around 4 in the evening... What is the matter here. Please help.

Has she been laying eggs regularly before this? Seems to me that some of my chickens did not really start laying eggs good until after 6 months. If she is just starting to lay eggs, she may not yet be regular and is just going through the motions her instincts tell her. Just no egg, yet.

Also, I don't know what breed a bobby is. But different breeds of the chickens I have started laying at different ages.

Has she been laying eggs regularly before this? Seems to me that some of my chickens did not really start laying eggs good until after 6 months. If she is just starting to lay eggs, she may not yet be regular and is just going through the motions her instincts tell her. Just no egg, yet.

Also, I don't know what breed a bobby is. But different breeds of the chickens I have started laying at different ages.
No she hasnt laid any eggs before. Her sister also has started laying eggs just two weeks back and she is being regular.. so this act of laying eggs but not actually laying any was a bit new to me.. I am also not aware of her breed but I cant post pics of her..

Back
Top Bottom