Hen ate medicated chick starter-how long do we wait to eat eggs?

Hello, it's safe to eat the eggs. I actually contacted a University Poultry Vet and asked when I had my first Broody raise Chicks..I now have a Momma and Chick in the Coop. All my Layers are enjoying the medicated feed along with the regular feed...

I posted this in another area of this site before finding this, but thought I would post it here too in case someone else knowledgeable see it...

I just got my feeds mixed up and discovered I have been feeding my layers medicated chick starter for the past 1.5 weeks. The medication included is 3,5-dinitro-o-toluamide. The label says "DO NOT eat the eggs"... but we HAVE been! Two questions in my mind now... 1) Should I be concerned that my family have been eating these eggs for 1.5 weeks, and 2) How soon would it be safe to resume eating them now that they are on appropriate feed?

Any insights out there?

I posted this in another area of this site before finding this, but thought I would post it here too in case someone else knowledgeable see it...

I just got my feeds mixed up and discovered I have been feeding my layers medicated chick starter for the past 1.5 weeks. The medication included is 3,5-dinitro-o-toluamide. The label says "DO NOT eat the eggs"... but we HAVE been! Two questions in my mind now... 1) Should I be concerned that my family have been eating these eggs for 1.5 weeks, and 2) How soon would it be safe to resume eating them now that they are on appropriate feed?

Any insights out there?
If it were me, I would stop eating them for about 2 weeks. I've ate amprolium eggs and it didn't hurt, but I don't know the first thing about eating that stuff.
Will it kill you? Doubt it.
Can it make you sick or give you cancer down the road?
There ain't no damn tellin!
:idunno

Back
Top Bottom