Hen attacked by dog.

boochaces

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 20, 2012
Our Applesauce was attacked by a dog today. Her tail feathers got ripped out. At first, she was laying on her side and there was blood coming from her mouth. Gurgling while breathing. Shortly after, she was sitting up, no blood coming from mouth. We made a cozy nesting box to sleep in. She then began standing before sleepy time. She is breathing with her mouth open.

I'm praying.

Thank you. She has progressed in the last few hours. Still so nervous. What could the mouth blood have been???

I don't know. I'm thinking some sort of internal bleeding? I have no idea, but one thing that I do know is that prayer is powerful. So make sure she is very comfortable and keep praying. Do you know if she broke any bones?

I really not sure where the blood could be coming from, three of ours were attacked and one passed but the one we thought was dead had blood from her neck. She laid on the ground for 30 minutes motionless then out of no where got up a little wabbly but got up and started acting her normal self. The other didn't get it as bad and was able to hide under some branches. But now the two are going strong! I feel for you and wish you all the best, if you can get her to eat maybe try some plain unsweetened yogurt in her food tonight.

Her legs are fine. She can turn her head both ways. I don't know about any other broken bones right now. I was most concerned about blood in mouth. The dog didn't really get a good grasp on her. Ugh.

She is slower and stiffer than usual, BUT SHE IS OUT WITH THE FLOCK - eating, scratching. I'm praying that she will be ok. She made it through the night.

Back
Top Bottom