hen attacking rooster

I have had hens attack and bully younger (but mostly grown) roosters and had to intervene for a while. Hens will kill younger birds if they are able. I never had a hen kill a mostly grown rooster! I have had hens kill other hens and of course, roosters try to kill each other and injure hens! Sad for you and the rooster! Chickens are unpredictable at times! Chickens are cannibals by nature and life is not a bowl full of cherries in the chicken yard! I hope your chicks do well and the lost rooster passed on his traits that you liked! BTW, if you are unconscious/ immobilized in the chicken run, the chickens may eat you! It happened to my mothers best friend, after a stroke, and she died of blood loss, according to the autopsy! They ate her eyes and face. A kitten makes for a safer pet, rather than chickens.

I know this was a couple months ago but, I once had 4 roosters for 10 hens, since then I've gotten more hens rehomed roosters and everything, my ration is 2 to 18 now but anyways, ever since I had those 4 original roosters, who were really rough with my hens, the original 10 hens, or mainly 2 of them attack all male animals, male chickens male ducks, male people. I only kept one of the original 4 and the son of a different one of the original 4, Romeo and Jasper, Romeo is the best one eyed rooster out there, he lost his eye to a fight with his brother, again from the original 4 that I rehomed. Sorry for rambling but I like explaining my chickens stories then get carried away, I'll stop now🤣

Back
Top Bottom