Hen Balance Issue/Not Standing

And I wanted to update what worked for us, but my other post was already so long, so figured I would post another.

We gave her a lot of stuff and not sure what exactly did it. But, daily super vitamin complex b, vitamin e, calcium citrate + D3, and a stool softener twice a day until her crop seemed better, along with hourly(ish) crop massages. When we were massaging, I would also hand feed her wet feed mash (that she ate on her own) and forced water down her throat. Did that for the first few days, then added hydro hen to her water and to her food when I wet it. Then got some Nutri Drench and forced that once a day.

I may have overdid it, but seeing as she's on the mend, I'm happy. And then I have this all in case someone else gets sick. Add it to my chicken first aid kit.

I'm glad to hear she's improving a little each day.
Hard to know what's ailing her, but it sounds like she's making progress.

I agree, I'd let her fully recover before reintroducing her. This may take time too. You may find as she gets stronger, you can place her in a run/secure area near the others so they can get used to seeing her, this may help with reintegration or not.

Thank you for the update.

Back
Top Bottom