hen being attacked by flock what do i do?

skeeter03

Songster
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
Vernon
I had an injured hen so I put her in a large dog kennel near the chicken run - this was about 2 weeks ago her leg healed up enough that she can walk on it so i put her back with the other chickens but they are pecking and chasing her ruthlessly. they wont leave her alone. so what do i do just let it be and hope they all work it out.
thing is I have a baby that I need to put in with the flock to and I dont know how I am going to do it if this is whats going to happen.
right now he is in a kennel faced right up to the fence so that he can see out and they can see in but no-one can hurt him but still.....
and NO i will not have a house chicken and I dont have room to make another seperate run for a small flock.

Sounds like pecking order, they are letting the hen know she is below them they will work it out. You could take her and another hen out and put them together for a week and them put both of them in with rest of flock.

Well I couldnt take it anymore she is bleeding and everything soooooo....I put a wire dog kennel right up to the fence and put her and the little one in it together - i will do this for a few days and then try again.
Might have to put the big ole roo i have into freezer camp though he is just plain ole mean.

Back
Top Bottom