Hen being weird

Syowell

Chirping
Jul 13, 2020
Hello! My 4&1/2 month old Polish has been really weird lately. She seems to want to stay in the coop after all the others head out to the run. She stands in the doorway like she is guarding it. She will go out eventually, but keeps going back inside. She runs around squawking at all the other chickens, and I swear she threw a temper tantrum the other day, and would have slammed the door if she could have! Could this be hormones? Getting ready to lay eggs? Or just a wack-a-doodle?

not sure .. ive found that in every flock ive had theres been an 'outcast' though .. hangs out at the edges of wherever theyre at, always lags behind when theyre moving around, and just basically seems .. 'slow' .. my conclusion is its just a part of the pecking order and what theyve been assigned to be, bait for predators or something lol ..

not sure .. ive found that in every flock ive had theres been an 'outcast' though .. hangs out at the edges of wherever theyre at, always lags behind when theyre moving around, and just basically seems .. 'slow' .. my conclusion is its just a part of the pecking order and what theyve been assigned to be, bait for predators or something lol ..
could be, but she is the head hen. She sleeps in the middle of the brood, on the top rung, chases the other hens and keeps them in line. This behavior is in addition to that.

16007171543974584313115109269216.jpg

Back
Top Bottom