• Barred Rock

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Leghorn (White)

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
ROOSTER CONTEST!!!

Here it is
big_smile.png

Not about tbe contest cos i have no roosters just a question somebody please... k spot? cluckcluckluke?darwinchooks? my daisy girl decided she wants chicks so i got 6 fert eggs and put them under her but if she had her way she would rot and die sitting on them before she would get uo and eat and free range so i take her off everyday and put a warm heatpad on the eggs.. do i need to and shld i take her off at all?

Personally, when I have broodies like that I take them off 1-2 times a day. Each time the broody is off for up to 20 minutes max and then they put themselves back on and the hatch is fine. You probably do not need to put the eggs on a heat pad as it takes a While for the core of the egg to cool. Hope that has helped.

Personally, when I have broodies like that I take them off 1-2 times a day. Each time the broody is off for up to 20 minutes max and then they put themselves back on and the hatch is fine. You probably do not need to put the eggs on a heat pad as it takes a While for the core of the egg to cool. Hope that has helped.
Agreed. Some hens are a bit too enthusiastic about broodiness. Broody hens don't always make good mothers but most do.

Seriously cant thanku all enuf for your feedback.. my husband is amazed that you all care so much and i said thats what chicken owners are like... caring and very understanding that when a fellow chook lover asks something its cos we care about our girls and those who know the answer care about us too :) love u guys :) il stop freating about the eggs. ..

Seriously cant thanku all enuf for your feedback.. my husband is amazed that you all care so much and i said thats what chicken owners are like... caring and very understanding that when a fellow chook lover asks something its cos we care about our girls and those who know the answer care about us too
smile.png
love u guys
smile.png
il stop freating about the eggs. ..

No problem Diamond.

If you come ----> HERE we can help you out all all of your questions
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom