Hen Contest! *Ended*

Name: No Tail, 2 Tail, 1 Tail, Dotty & Mohawk
Breed: Wynadottes (Blue)
Category: Pullets
hu.gif

Given to me last month since they weren't laying and the lady couldn't get a Blue Cock & she's into reproduction. They were missing tail feathers, hence the names that I really should change. They may not be as pretty as I've seen on this thread but they will be once they're in "condition"....I think they're BEAUTIFUL
yippiechickie.gif

hu.gif

Given to me last month since they weren't laying and the lady couldn't get a Blue Cock & she's into reproduction. They were missing tail feathers, hence the names that I really should change. They may not be as pretty as I've seen on this thread but they will be once they're in "condition"....I think they're BEAUTIFUL
yippiechickie.gif

Pretty!
lol.png

hu.gif

yippiechickie.gif

their adorable!!
(and they might be molting...)

hu.gif

yippiechickie.gif

Their combs and wattles will have to grow a bit and redden up before they start laying. Gorgeous colours - I love that contrast between the dark head and neck and lighter body! And pullets do moult a lot as they grow (just not all at once like a seasonal moult) until they start laying, then they will be 18 months plus before they moult depending on when winter hits in their part of the world. Thank you for showing them off - we don't have this Wyandotte colour in my country so it's always a pleasure being able to admire other people's beautiful birds.

Their combs and wattles will have to grow a bit and redden up before they start laying. Gorgeous colours - I love that contrast between the dark head and neck and lighter body! And pullets do moult a lot as they grow (just not all at once like a seasonal moult) until they start laying, then they will be 18 months plus before they moult depending on when winter hits in their part of the world. Thank you for showing them off - we don't have this Wyandotte colour in my country so it's always a pleasure being able to admire other people's beautiful birds.

Thank you for the complement and information on the molt. I was thinking they're molting a little, so much feathers in the run, it's probably not the seasonal molt. We have very mild winters here, just alot of rain with temps dropping down in the 50s :) The lady that gave them to me has been searching for a Blue Cock to breed with but none here in the Islands. No luck with anyone shipping eggs or chicks mainly due to our Dept of AG laws. She may be able to get one or two Cocks next Spring, IF she's able to get one I'll give her 3 back.

This is a great site to see other breeds & learn from others from their experiences. Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom