Hen Contest!!! *ENDS 8-1-08*

Quote:
So Sorry for your loss ............... How long were you out of town ?

You think you maybe mentioned in the feedstore you were buying extra feed to be out of town for awhile , and SOMEBODY over heard the conversation ? YOU never know who is listening . DANG IT

I am not farmiliar with the breed you had . Are they special breeds ? EXPENSIVE ? I don't understand all this stealing chicken stuff . I had 6 of my Rir's and austrolorps stolen when they were maybe 6 - 8 weeks old . WHATS THE DEAL ? HECK they can buy 2 week old chicks for $2.50 a piece ...... they can buy full grown laying hens for less than $10.00

Well , I hope you catch your thieves , I caught mine , 1 arrest was made , and we will soon go to court regarding .

Last edited:
Quote:

Thank you! Kate is a New Hampshire Red, and she is the funniest chicken we have. She follows me around like a dog and gets under my feet while I am working around outside.

I did not include our Wyandotte so I included her pics here too. This is Nugget:

7713_img_7222.jpg
7713_img_7241.jpg

here are some of my little girls!

animals088.jpg

animals090.jpg

this is rain, i know it is an unusual name but when she was a baby she was grey and it

made me think of rain. i think she is a d'uccle.

animals091.jpg

here is goldy and coacoa. coacoa is a black sexlink and goldy is a RIR.

animals092.jpg

here is coacoa again.

animals095.jpg

animals096.jpg

here is cluckers either an EE or ameraucana not real sure!

i couldnt get good pics of my other girls because they either turned out blurry or i didnt get them at all!

I'm sure they won't win, but my 6 turken ladies were my favorite hens in my last flock. They were my broodies who hatched out chicks twice last summer, and they were the best little funny-looking mothers! They were my most friendly, easy to catch and hold girls, too. And they're just so odd that I can't help but love them.

13038_p6210021.jpg

And my ancona pullet (about 3 months in this pic) was one of my prettiest birds, I think. She was killed by a neighbor dog when she was about 8 months old :mad:

13038_p5300040.jpg

This is my teenage Ameracuana Puff

Picture117.jpg

This is my 2 year Old Barred Rock Gertie (she is cranky)

Picture035.jpg

This is my 2 year old Ameracuana Pretty Girl

Picture155.jpg

The infamous Miss Bean. This 9 month old red sex-link, has refused to lay a single egg in a nest. For some reason it insists on laying in the run.
roll.png
Sometimes I think she is teasing me on purpose.
smile.png

100_0511.jpg

We could use 2 more judges....that will be here when i need to judge! LOL every contest ive ever hosted all the judges flaked out on me!

Back
Top Bottom