Hen crowing?

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm just more confused now than I was before since I have been readimg so much on BYC and the web religiously for 2 days now and it bounces back and forth. One question I haven't been able to find an answer to is the comb. I know that it will be V shape but does anyone know when their combs should start to develop? We searched very thoroughly on both and don't see any sign of a comb.

Last edited:
I'd wait and see. I have a black sex link that started showing wattles and was pinking up at 5 weeks. She is laying eggs now. I know polish and sex links are apples and oranges, but my point is stranger things have happened.

Here she is at 5 weeks.
IMG_20200428_123834.jpg

And at 9
IMG_20200524_140954.jpg

And at 13
IMG_20200715_182439.jpg

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm just more confused now than I was before since I have been readimg so much on BYC and the web religiously for 2 days now and it bounces back and forth. One question I haven't been able to find an answer to is the comb. I know that it will be V shape but does anyone know when their combs should start to develop? We searched very thoroughly on both and don't see any sign of a comb.
Updates?

I saw hackles and the start of sickles on those photos, though the crest and comb said pullet. The frizzle possibly also.

I'd love to know how they turned out.

Back
Top Bottom