Hen Died From Something Relating to breathing issues

Well usually the treats are almost daily if they are produce scraps, mealworms a few times a week at max. It is possible if she found something toxic or moldy as the previous owners left random objects scattered across the yard which we find as it is unburied/ or in plain sight and we throw it away. They have had a lot of scratch grains in their food lately, but mostly they've been foraging
Unfortunately, lots of treats cause build up of fat around the internal organs, she respiratory system or heart might have given out.
But it's impossible to day without necropsy

You should be able to do a quick google search for your area, or contact a vet.

Usually the shipping and results will cost somewhere in the area of $50 - but absolutley worth every Penny if you can get ahead of something preventable.

I have only done it once and it was years ago.

You'll want to get her into the refrigerator as quickly as possible though.
We would do that but unfortunately we have no way to "store" her until we could get her to a vet. I guess we weren't prepared for this it was so sudden and we have to figure this out.😔 We are going over the symptoms so we can hopefully get ahead of the signs. I am so grateful for all the advice I get 🙂

Unfortunately, lots of treats cause build up of fat around the internal organs, she respiratory system or heart might have given out.
But it's impossible to day without necropsy
We will definitely crack down on how often we give them treats. I thought it was something respiratory. I was informed that she (Lavinia) discharged something out of her mouth after about ten mins after she died. I was told it looked something like mucus or a creamish spit. (I was just informed about this)

We will definitely crack down on how often we give them treats. I thought it was something respiratory. I was informed that she (Lavinia) discharged something out of her mouth after about ten mins after she died. I was told it looked something like mucus or a creamish spit. (I was just informed about this)
I'm wondering is she aspirated on her crop contents, it happens when hens get excited

She was having symptoms the last two days. 3 days at max. We just buried her body today.
What is the birds likely foraging space consist of? Open field, back yard, old farm field, neighbors yard? All of these places offer options of new bacteria to your poultry. Keeping a farmers eye on your flocks buffet is important to a clean healthy coop. You need to see where the birds excavate/ dig the most and inspect soil content. If it's moldy or another bacterial infested area then it's the likely source. Fence those girls in till health is up to standard.

What is the birds likely foraging space consist of? Open field, back yard, old farm field, neighbors yard? All of these places offer options of new bacteria to your poultry. Keeping a farmers eye on your flocks buffet is important to a clean healthy coop. You need to see where the birds excavate/ dig the most and inspect soil content. If it's moldy or another bacterial infested area then it's the likely source. Fence those girls in till health is up to standard.
They forage mostly in our backyard. But they also forage in our front yard (it's just grass and sandy dirt)

Back
Top Bottom