Hen dropping egg from roost

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
One of my leghorns Kees dropping an egg from the roost. I can’t figure out what one it is. Why is this happening? I have increased her calcium and d btw to try and help.

It’s not happening every day…could this be an “extra egg” how ever only 5 of
5 of 6 leghorns produced an egg today. I have been watching this all summer and still can’t figure out who it is. Happens between 8 pm and 4am

Attachments

• A928F92C-59B4-43EC-A3F3-8E8948E95600.jpeg
    A928F92C-59B4-43EC-A3F3-8E8948E95600.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 12
One of my leghorns Kees dropping an egg from the roost. I can’t figure out what one it is. Why is this happening? I have increased her calcium and d btw to try and help.

It’s not happening every day…could this be an “extra egg” how ever only 5 of
5 of 6 leghorns produced an egg today. I have been watching this all summer and still can’t figure out who it is. Happens between 8 pm and 4am
It happens. Are your girls new layers? A chicken lays an egg roughly every 25 hours, sometimes they’ll drop it at night, usually when they’re just getting started. It could be more than one if they’re newbies

It happens. Are your girls new layers? A chicken lays an egg roughly every 25 hours, sometimes they’ll drop it at night, usually when they’re just getting started. It could be more than one if they’re newbies
These girls are 4-5 years old. I’m in the process of rotating my flock, they will be rehomed soon. I just don’t want to give someone a “bad egg”

These girls are 4-5 years old. I’m in the process of rotating my flock, they will be rehomed soon. I just don’t want to give someone a “bad egg”
If you are in the northern hemisphere they are probably slowing production to molt, you can get some funky eggs around that time.
I hope the new home keepers understand that.

I have a girl doing the same thing, every now and then. They're 3 years old, and just plop! sometimes I find an egg on the poop board.
:idunno

Their other eggs are fine with a good hard shell.

Back
Top Bottom