Hen foaming at the mouth. Upper respiratory?

Not wasting my time. Try to help figure out what is going on with other people’s chickens is a hobby and can be rewarding. I just hope that it doesn’t happen again. But it may just have been a temporary something getting stuck. That is a fairly normal reaction in all of us to cough and produce secretions when choking. Keep an eye on the crop. It should gradually fill up throughout the day. In early morning, it should feel empty. If not, if it is full, hard, doughy, or puffy, she may have a crop problem.

Not wasting my time. Try to help figure out what is going on with other people’s chickens is a hobby and can be rewarding. I just hope that it doesn’t happen again. But it may just have been a temporary something getting stuck. That is a fairly normal reaction in all of us to cough and produce secretions when choking. Keep an eye on the crop. It should gradually fill up throughout the day. In early morning, it should feel empty. If not, if it is full, hard, doughy, or puffy, she may have a crop problem.
You're a true asset to this community. :hugs

Quick followup: Selah's doing perfectly well this morning! :) No choking incidents to speak of, and she's acting like her usual fiery self again. I suppose I panicked over nothing, but one can't be too careful. :lol:

Thanks! :D

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom